Dream Meanings of a Church, Hidden Rooms, and Ascension. This is not really an easy thing to write because the dream actually made me physically cry after waking up but I thought it would be a good idea to write this blog post to explore some of its meanings.
From what I remember I am in a church with my nephews we are sitting around a table. The reverend from our local church is there and I am telling them to help me tidy up.
We go up some stairs into one room and into another. Each one is more surprising and unexpected than the next and I seem to be following my nephews. My youngest Nephew does not want to go any further but the others go ahead without me up to the next floor. Here I make sure my little nephew is alright and I think I send him home and I go up after the others.
On the next floor, I remember there is a child (I think it was a little girl) there about my nephew’s age so I think that maybe it wouldn’t have been bad if he come up to the next floor. I think this maybe has some significance but anyway.
On this next floor here I remember a few things. It was kind of like an open space lounge room. There was a Christmas Tree in the corner with old Smurf’s hanging as decorations.
Not sure what this has to do with anything really and I also remember a bag in the corner with old stuff. I remember pulling out an old plug I used to have for my old games console.
I think maybe this was symbolic, maybe something to do with power (a plug), or maybe something else to do with my past.
Then I went up another floor and I remember talking to an elderly woman who was saying about all churches having hidden rooms. I remember asking her if she’d been to any churches in Prague. (I’ve been to a couple).
The last part of my dream wasn’t in the church anymore. Even though it was going up another set of stairs (I think). Here it was a kind of white skied place surrounded by lakes very blissful, and peaceful. My nephews were there. I think it was maybe like heaven and this was what made me cry when I woke up but there was something else.
Very weird. A dog was on the floor a sheepdog black and white I think my nephews were upset because they thought it had died but I went over and freed it from a trap and it got back up and it was fine. I woke up shortly after this and this last part of the dream the more I thought about it the more it brought me to tears.
I think it was the idea of going to heaven or my nephews going to heaven. Leaving this world. I am not really sure but I take some notes this morning to try and gain a better understanding of everything. Maybe some people will be interested to read this.
I shall continue below.
The Meaning of Churches in Dreams
The meaning of a church in a dream can vary depending on the individual’s personal experiences, beliefs, and emotions.
Some examples include;
- Spiritual or Religious Symbolism
- Seeking Guidance
- Community and Connection
- Guilt or Redemption
- Transformation and Growth
- Ceremony or Ritual
- Historical or Cultural Significance
Think about what this could mean for me the three which I think this could be are;
- Guilt or Redemption: Maybe because I recently gave up alcohol and it often got me in trouble.
- Transformation and Growth: I think the past couple of months I have grown as a person and become more dependable so maybe it could be to do with this. I am not really sure.
- Historical or Cultural Significance: I actually find churches fascinating places and I am keen to explore places like this. I’ve been up the tower in my local church and in Prague I visited a few towers so there is this. Probably this is my urge to explore new places.
I am leaning towards the last one but let’s take a look at everything else.
What Do Children/Family In Dreams mean
Dreams involving children and family members can have various interpretations, often depending on the context and emotions within the dream. Here are some common interpretations of these dream elements:
- Nurturing and Responsibility: Dreaming about children, especially if they are your own, can symbolize your nurturing instincts and your sense of responsibility. It may indicate a need to care for someone or something in your waking life, or it could represent your desire to start a family.
- Innocence and Vulnerability: Children often represent innocence, purity, and vulnerability. Dreaming of children may reflect your desire for a simpler, more innocent time in your life. It might also highlight your concern for the well-being of those who are vulnerable or dependent on you.
- Conflict or Unresolved Issues: Dreams about family members, including parents, siblings, or other relatives, can sometimes indicate unresolved conflicts or emotional issues within the family. These dreams might be your subconscious’s way of urging you to address and resolve these issues.
- Ancestral Connections: Dreams of family members, especially deceased relatives, can signify a desire to connect with your family’s history and heritage. They may carry messages or wisdom from your ancestors.
- Relationship Dynamics: Pay attention to the dynamics between family members in your dream. Positive interactions may symbolize harmony and support, while negative interactions might indicate tension or unresolved issues within your family relationships.
- Protection and Support: Dreams of family members can be reassuring and comforting. They may represent a need for support, guidance, or protection in your waking life, or they could signify that you feel secure and loved by your family.
- Personal Growth: In some cases, dreams about family can be related to personal growth and self-discovery. They might reflect your evolving relationship with your family or your own journey of self-improvement.
- Family Values: Consider the values and behaviors displayed by family members in your dream. They could reflect your own values or the values you associate with your family.
- Desire for Reconnection: If you are separated from family members in your waking life, dreams about them may indicate a longing for reconnection or a need to mend broken relationships.
So not all of this above is relevant. I can dismiss maybe half of this list. I think Innocence and vulnerability stand out here with nurturing and responsibility but I think where I am an adult with my reservations about doing things a child typically would not worry so much like climbing a tower can be dangerous and maybe a child would worry less than an adult.
Perhaps this dream could mean I am being responsible and I should keep this up.
Ascension / Stairs in Dreams
A few years ago I was away abroad in Gibraltar. There was a book I was reading Colin Wilson Unexplained Mysteries and in it, there was a page about Carl Jung and his dreams about going downstairs in his basement and finding new rooms further and further down with each one a different time period. He hypothesized something called the Ladder of Selves. That each new floor represented a new personality within the human psyche.
I am not completely sure about this but some meanings for stairs and ascension in dreams are as follows;
- Progress and Advancement
- Overcoming Challenges
- Goals and Aspirations
- Spiritual Growth
- A Sense of Achievement
- Transition or Change
- Escaping or Avoiding
- Unconscious or Subconscious
- Balance and Harmony
- Anxiety or Uncertainty
I agree with most of these points for my dream interpretation. I think I am dreaming about overcoming challenges, making progress, achieving my goals, and spiritual growth. Maybe transition and change plus I definitely felt balance and harmony at the end of my dream but also I think of anxiety and uncertainty because in my dreams I was worried about my nephews going too far. My younger nephew in my dream I think was symbolic of this.
I wonder maybe if this indicated a need for me to be more responsible. Maybe not start drinking again and focus on my health. The dream was very bizarre really and this is not everything.
Hidden Rooms / New Places In Dreams
I would say the thing about this dream was all these rooms inside this church I’d never been in. Like I don’t think (I know) in my local church it is nothing like this but there are many ways to Interpret this.
- Unexplored Aspects of Self
- New Opportunities
- Exploration and Curiosity
- Emotional Discoveries
- Secrets and Mysteries
- Privacy and Solitude
- Safety or Danger
- Personal Evolution
- Desire for Change
- Creative Expression
Again all of these points almost make sense apart from probably Privacy and Solitude. I think it is more the opposite for me because I get plenty of solitude and I probably really need to get out of the house more.
Maybe in my dream, it meant that I need to get out and explore more new places. I have traveled quite frequently over the past 5 years so maybe this is my desire to get out there and explore.
Old Possessions / Christmas Trees
So dreaming about this old plug I used to have for my games console (Sega Megadrive) was an odd thing to dream about because I didn’t remember about it till I had this dream. It wasn’t the plug it came with, it was quite a unique item really and in this dream, I was digging through this box which I felt had all my lost long gone possessions inside.
The meaning could be about;
- Nostalgia and Sentimentality: Old possessions may evoke feelings of nostalgia and sentimentality, representing cherished memories.
- Unfinished Business: They can symbolize unresolved issues or emotions from the past, prompting a need for closure.
- Letting Go: Dreaming of old possessions might indicate a desire to release attachments to the past and move forward.
- Reconnecting with Roots: Encountering old possessions can help you connect with your heritage or understand your personal history better.
- Change and Transformation: These dreams may suggest a readiness for change, shedding old beliefs or habits.
- Lost Opportunities: Old possessions could symbolize missed opportunities or past decisions that need reflection.
- Rediscovering Talents/Hobbies: Finding possessions related to hobbies or talents can signify a desire to revive those interests.
- Emotional Baggage: They might represent emotional baggage or burdens from the past that require addressing.
- Change in Circumstances: Old possessions may signal a shift in your current circumstances or a return to the past.
- Preservation of Memories: Dreams of old possessions emphasize the importance of preserving memories and valuing the past’s influence on the present and future.
It seems to mean I need to either let go of sentimental things or I might need work on preserving more good memories. There is definitely some meaning here. And the plug itself could have many meanings;
- Energy and Vitality: A power plug in a dream may symbolize your need for energy and vitality. It could suggest that you are seeking a source of inspiration or motivation in your waking life.
- Connection and Recharging: Dreaming of plugging something in can signify a desire to connect with others or recharge your own physical or emotional energy. It may indicate a need for social interaction or self-care.
- Resource Access: Power plugs can represent access to resources or opportunities. The dream might be highlighting your awareness of a valuable resource or the need to tap into your own skills and abilities.
- Control and Influence: Alternatively, a power plug in a dream could indicate a desire for control or influence over a situation. You may be seeking a way to have a more significant impact on your life or the lives of others.
- Awareness of Dependencies: This dream could highlight your awareness of dependencies or reliance on something or someone in your life. It may prompt you to consider your level of independence and self-sufficiency.
- Reconnection: If you dream of plugging something into an outlet, it may symbolize a desire to reconnect with someone or something you’ve been distant from.
- Manifesting Potential: Plugging in an object or device in a dream could symbolize your desire to manifest your potential or make something happen in your life. It may suggest a need for action and productivity.
- Overcoming Obstacles: Dreaming of a power plug could also be a sign that you are trying to overcome obstacles or challenges in your life. It may represent your determination to find a solution or a way forward.
Again this all makes sense but what about the Christmas tree with smurfs?
I am surprised about this information actually (I asked ChatGPT!)
- Joy and Celebration: Christmas trees are typically associated with joy, celebration, and the holiday season. Dreaming of a Christmas tree with Smurfs may symbolize a desire for happiness, fun, and togetherness in your life.
- Nostalgia: Smurfs are characters from popular cartoons and comics, often associated with childhood nostalgia. This dream could represent a longing for simpler, happier times in your life or a desire to revisit your youth.
- Imagination and Creativity: The presence of Smurfs on a Christmas tree may indicate a need to tap into your imagination and creative side. It could be a reminder to embrace your inner child and find joy in creativity.
- Community and Friendship: Smurfs live in a close-knit community, and their presence on a Christmas tree could symbolize a desire for strong connections with friends or family during the holiday season.
- Holiday Anticipation: Dreaming of Christmas decorations, including Smurfs on a tree, might be a reflection of your excitement and anticipation for the upcoming holiday season.
- Symbol of Protection: In some interpretations, Smurfs are seen as protectors or helpers. Dreaming of them on a Christmas tree might suggest that you feel protected and cared for during the holidays.
- Festive Spirit: This dream could simply reflect your love for the festive spirit of Christmas, including the decorations and the joy it brings.
- Expressing Individuality: Smurfs are known for their unique personalities and characteristics. Dreaming of them on a Christmas tree might encourage you to embrace your own individuality and express yourself more freely.
So I think there is some meaning there. I think my inner child (free-thinking), imagination, and creativity might be what this was about. However, the last part…
Dreams About Heaven, White Skies, Lakes
This was the part of my dream that got me. The strange part was the theme song from Last of the Summer Wine was playing. That alone is enough to make someone cry I think but anyhow ChatGPT again has given me some good answers;
- Spiritual Awakening: Dreams of heaven, white skies, and lakes can signify a spiritual awakening or a desire for a deeper connection with your spiritual beliefs. They may reflect a longing for a sense of peace and fulfillment in your life.
- Purity and Innocence: White skies and lakes symbolize purity and innocence. These dreams may suggest a desire to cleanse or purify your thoughts, actions, or intentions.
- Transcendence and Elevation: Heaven often represents a higher state of being or consciousness. Dreaming of heaven can signify a desire for personal growth, enlightenment, or transcendence beyond mundane concerns.
- Emotional Serenity: Lakes in dreams are often associated with emotions and the subconscious mind. Dreaming of a serene lake can indicate a desire for emotional calmness, balance, or clarity in your life.
- Peace and Relaxation: These dream elements can simply represent your desire for peace, relaxation, and escape from the stresses and challenges of everyday life.
- Exploration of the Unknown: If you are exploring or contemplating these heavenly landscapes in your dream, it may reflect a willingness to explore new perspectives, ideas, or experiences.
- Connection with Nature: Dreams of lakes often connect with nature and the environment. They may indicate a desire for a closer connection to the natural world or a need to spend more time outdoors.
- Renewal and Rejuvenation: Lakes are often associated with water, which symbolizes renewal and rejuvenation. Dreaming of a lake can signify a need for renewal and a fresh start in some aspect of your life.
- Escape or Retreat: These dream elements may represent a desire to escape from the challenges or routine of your daily life. It could be a sign that you need a break or a change of scenery.
- Astral or Ethereal Experience: Dreams of heavenly landscapes can sometimes feel like out-of-body or ethereal experiences. They may be linked to feelings of detachment from the physical world or a desire for a different, more spiritual perspective.
So, I think this could have a lot of meaning for a lot of things related to everything else but the last part.
Dreams About Sheepdogs, and Resurrection
The last part of my dream where my nephews led me to there were several sheepdogs. One looked like it had been killed in a trap but I freed it and it come back to life. The meaning I think might be to lead by example. Maybe instead of going back to my old ways I should carry on as I am. Sheepdogs can symbolize many things.
- Guidance and Protection: Sheepdogs are known for their role in herding and protecting sheep. Dreaming of sheepdogs may symbolize a need for guidance and protection in your life. You might be seeking someone or something to lead or watch over you.
- Leadership or Loyalty: Sheepdogs are loyal and obedient animals. Dreaming of them may reflect a desire for loyalty or leadership, either from others or within yourself. You may be seeking trust and reliability in your relationships or endeavors.
- Teamwork and Cooperation: Sheepdogs work in teams to manage and protect a flock. This dream might suggest a need for cooperation, teamwork, or collaboration in your personal or professional life.
- Inner Qualities: Sheepdogs can symbolize qualities like vigilance, diligence, and a strong work ethic. Dreaming of them may prompt you to reflect on these qualities in yourself or to strive for them.
- Herding Instincts: If you are herding or directing sheepdogs in your dream, it could symbolize your ability to manage and organize various aspects of your life. It might also indicate a desire to control or guide certain situations.
As for Resurrection in Dreams:
This can mean.
- Rebirth and Renewal: Dreams of resurrection often symbolize a desire for rebirth or renewal in your life. It may suggest that you are ready for a fresh start, or you may be working through past mistakes and seeking a second chance.
- Spiritual Awakening: Resurrection can also have spiritual connotations, representing a spiritual awakening or transformation. You may be undergoing a period of growth and enlightenment.
- Overcoming Challenges: Dreaming of resurrection may indicate that you are working to overcome challenges or obstacles. It can signify resilience and the ability to bounce back from difficult situations.
- Reconciliation: In some cases, resurrection dreams may be related to a desire for reconciliation with someone from your past or a need to mend broken relationships.
- Facing the Past: Resurrection can symbolize confronting unresolved issues or facing past traumas. You may be working through emotional baggage or trying to heal from past wounds.
- A New Beginning: This dream may signify a new chapter or phase in your life. It can represent a transformation from an old, stagnant situation to a new, vibrant one.
- Hope and Faith: Dreaming of resurrection can evoke feelings of hope and faith in the possibility of positive change. It may signify your belief in the power of renewal and transformation.
Lot’s to unpack. I really don’t know what I felt so sad about after waking up. Really would rather not think about it.
What Does It Mean If a Dream Makes You Cry
Dreams that evoke strong emotions, including making you cry after you wake up, can be particularly powerful and emotionally charged. The emotions you experience upon waking from such a dream can provide additional insights into its meaning. Here are some possible explanations for why a dream might make you cry after you wake up:
- Unresolved Emotions: The dream may be highlighting unresolved emotions or issues in your waking life that you need to address. The act of crying upon waking could be a continuation of the emotional release that began in the dream.
- Emotional Catharsis: Sometimes, crying after a dream can serve as a form of emotional catharsis. The dream may have touched on deep-seated feelings or memories that you’ve been suppressing or avoiding, and crying can be a way of releasing these pent-up emotions.
- Dream Impact: Certain dreams can have a profound impact on your emotions, and the intensity of the dream’s emotional content can linger even after you’ve awakened. Your mind may still be processing the emotions from the dream, leading to tears upon waking.
- Symbolic Message: The tears you shed after waking could be a symbolic message from your subconscious mind. They may indicate the importance of addressing your emotions or seeking closure in a particular aspect of your life.
- Stress or Anxiety Release: If you’ve been experiencing stress or anxiety, your dream may have provided an outlet for these feelings. Crying upon waking can be a sign that your mind is attempting to release and cope with these emotions.
- Empathy and Compassion: Your dream might have evoked strong feelings of empathy or compassion, and the tears could reflect your emotional connection with the people or situations in the dream.
- Personal Growth and Healing: Crying upon waking might signify that you are on a journey of personal growth and emotional healing. The dream may have brought to the surface feelings and experiences that are instrumental in your healing process.
I think through my dream I had my nephews and losing them at the end of it wherever I went was what hurt me but I do wonder about the mechanism of dreams like this. I had another dream after this which I don’t quite remember but it was a dream where I was trying to do something that was preventing me from waking up.
I always feel like these dreams happen to keep you induced in your sleep whilst your body undergoes maintenance. Maybe the same applies to crying as this may have some purpose to do with health and releasing emotions.
So the first time I’ve written a blog about one of my dreams. When I woke up at 6 AM this morning it took a while to process such a powerful dream. I don’t usually make notes of what I dreamt about but there was a bit of paper written there in front of me and a pen. I looked up on Google “Dream Meaning of Church”, and “Dream Meaning of Hidden Rooms” and I think “Stairs in Dreams”. I didn’t have any plans then to write this but as I was working on my last article that was my idea.
The Dream Diaries #1 title. I thought maybe I could follow up with others and see. Blogging is basically like keeping a diary and for anyone that is interested in improving dream recall it is a good alternative to keeping a dream diary if you are comfortable enough with publishing online. I use WordPress which I have to pay for but Blogger and Medium are free.
I will end this blog here anyway but if you would like to share anything related to this content please leave a comment below.